Monday, August 3, 2015

Santa Cruz-week 4

So I said we were going to the beach! We did and it was awesome! No one had a volleyball unfortunately . . The Santa Cruz Zone! Going left to right: Elders: Barbosa, Staker, Larsen, Sundrud, Ball, and Lund. Sisters: Snyder, Scarr, Me, and Palmer. 
Elder Larsen wanted a pic with his actual companion, Elder Ball

Where we parked the car.

Trying to street contact!

NATALIE SHE IS USING OILS SHE DOES IT ALL THE TIME AND HAS AN UPCOMING ART SHOW WITH ABOUT 20 OIL PAINTINGS AND I WANT TO GO SHE IS AMAZING I HAVE A SMALL HANDOUT OF ONE OF HER OTHER PICTURES!! Also we gave her one of our handouts.



Church Pioneer BBQ on Mommy's B-DAY!!!!! :)

"Watsonville district" including Sister Palmer and I because we are already considered to be part of the district. xD

Random beach picture after and appointment fell through.

We went to a baptism in Watsonville on Saturday because Sister Palmer had a hand in teaching Elsa (yes that is her name and no she has not seen frozen) when she was in Watsonville waiting for me. 

Getting Ice Cream at Marrianne's with some OB YSA's! Trevor was leaving to work in Utah so Courtney had us all meet up. We do our laundry at Courtney's families house. 


Sister Palmer's awesome family sent me some chocolate in a box they sent to Sister Palmer. . . . And they melted all over everything! It was really funny. I froze them. xD

There is a duolingo app on the iPads (technically just for those missionary's learning a language. . . ) and I am trying to possibly learn some German. :) It's fun. xD

Basically Santa Cruz in insanely awesome (emphasis on insane!) and I've had a  good first two weeks. 

To all those people who have emailed me, it really does brighten my day, no matter who you are. To see an email from a friend or family member is a highlight no matter what is happening around me. Thank you :) 

Something I noticed while marking my scriptures (as I have so many different copies. . . ) is the fact that every time I get a new set I still mark all of the "and it came to pass" or "therefore it shall come to pass" (stuff along those lines). I guess it's to remind myself every time I read ,that even though trials may come at random times, they always come to pass. I will stay a lighthouse for the Lord and any trials or struggles or hardships I have will come, but only stay a little while. They will pass me by. "And thus saith the Lord, it shall come to pass". In the long run, very few of the things that bother me now will still bother me in a couple of years, or even a couple of months. Remember the 5 thing: "will it bother me in: 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years?" Heavenly Father is the constant whereas any trials will pass. John 14:18 says "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you."

Love and miss everyone!!!

Sister Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment