Monday, August 4, 2014

Moving . . . Again.

It has been confirmed - my family is moving again. To Brookshire, TX. Sounds cute, looks country (yay!! We love the country and super miss it). I was surprised to find I'm actually sort-of okay with the fact that we will be moving again. I say that I hate moving - and I do, I really do - but this time I am kinda glad. I will hate leaving my friends and having to make new ones - my being in Relief Society now doesn't help (I'm just now getting used to being in RS, and that's just because some friends are down from school for the month) - and to make things worse we are moving into a branch! I'm afraid that my family will double the branch, as there are twelve of us. We will bring one nursery, five more primary kids, two Young Women, a Young Man, two RS, and my dad. I don't know how small the branch will be. When my family lived in Pampa, TX (in the panhandle), our ward was tiny and we literally did double everything then. I'm hoping the branch will be somewhere in-between Pampa and the ward we are in now - not almost overflowing but not tiny.

Something I think is good about the move is that I will be changing schools - instead of going to WCJC - Sugarland Campus, I'll be going to HCC - Northeast/Katy Campus. While WCJC was good in the fact that I know people who've gone to that exact campus and that it was already connected to the college that I one day want to actually go to - BYU-I. I'll just have to find out whether or not HCC is connected as well. I'm not sad to be leaving my WCJC friends behind - I was going to try and drop most of the ones from last semester anyways. I will miss two of the teachers though - Dr. Lester (the music teacher) and Mrs. Matejceck (the aerobics teacher). Dr. Lester was fun to annoy (and funny when annoying us) and a good teacher on top of that; Mrs. Matejceck was just fun.

Another thing I'll miss about WCJC was that there was a library right next door. Literally. It took maybe three minutes to walk from the class building to the library. It was awesome. I went to the library every day I was there - which was about every other day. The library in the . . town where we are moving is small to say the least - though not as small as the library in the last place we lived, Shepherd. Now that was small. Tiny even. The library in Brookshire is, as far as I remember being told when I visited, only connected to one other library. I bet that by next summer I will have gotten through all of the good books in the Brookshire library and a quite a few from the other one. Oh well.

A good thing about Brookshire is that it is in the country. I found it was slightly - very slightly - cooler as a side affect, and we might be getting chickens and bees. Because . . . we will be living on an acre of land. Thank goodness, more running space for the kids, they'll be outside more. xD Not that I'm complaning about them being noisy, I'm used to that (unless I'm stuck in a car with what seems like thousands of screaming little ones), sort-of. It has come to the point where I feel weird if there isn't some sort-of background noise - I can't imagine somewhere quiet. Yet.

Because the room arrangements are epic - I'm going to have the twin I named (or helped name, however you want to think of it), Rebecca, as the other person in my room, instead of Natalie. Now, I love Natalie, don't get me wrong, it's just that she takes my space sometimes. Becca I've roomed with once before - she was much younger then, as we still lived in Utah, and is turning 9 at the end of this month (wow) - because of nightmares, I think. A fun thing about rooming together and us actually going to be owning the house is we get to paint the room - and while Natalie and I like clashing colors (the shade of blue I wanted, and the shade of green she wanted definitely didn't go together), I can definitely agree with Becca and blue. Natalie is going to be sharing with Lydia and Susan (Sue is the twin Natalie named or helped name) and they will all probably agree on colors easier than Natalie and I were when we thought we would be sharing the same room again. Raymond and Benjamin are still sharing, which is sort-of obvious as they are the only boys (other than dad but he usually doesn't count) I am a little frightened about one of the other rooming arrangements though - Abigail, Hannah, and the baby, Rachel, all together. I really hope they all survive. ;)

If the neighbors are friendly and actually like us (unlike the neighbors where we live now) we might get to ride horses. Okay, so that might just be a dream of mine and the younger girls', but can you blame me? I haven't ridden a horse since Pampa at least, though probably before that. I love horses (cue girlish sigh - shut up!). Also if the neighbors like us there is a possibility we might get cow or goats milk or cheese that hasn't been destroyed by store chemicals. Haven't had that since I think . . . when we were in Utah. But then there are a lot of things we haven't had since Utah, so.

These are honestly all my feelings on the matter - well, all the feelings and thoughts I can think of at one in the morning (honestly, I stay up too late, but i'm letting myself slide one last week before going back to normal). xD

Being in Brookshire is overall not sounding like too bad of a thing. Well . . . for me, at least.

- Cali 

No comments:

Post a Comment