Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Miss Mutual

I know two posts today is probably a little much, but I can’t help it.

I MISS MUTUAL!!! (If you don’t know what that is it’s when YM and YW – youth between the ages of 12 and 18 – get together to hang out and play games and learn spiritual stuff, either combined: YM and YW together; joint: just YM or just YW; and classes: where you go into age groups 12-13, 14-15, 16-18). I’m 18 and have graduated from highschool, so I can’t go anymore. :(

So I miss it, which is partially why I’m here tonight (I was hanging out with my 18 months younger sister, Natalie, and one of our friends, which is the other reason I’m here).

Tonight the YW are playing games – there will be a spiritual message afterwards, of course (prepared by Kat – our friend – though her older sister helped a bit). Some of the games I’ve mostly heard of while others shall be interesting to watch. xD
The first game was “Mingle, Mingle, Mingle”. You walk around saying “mingle, mingle, mingle” ect. until the announcer calls a number. You then go into groups of that number. Done.
Then they played “The Floor Is Lava”. There are two teams and, basically, the floor is lava and you can’t touch the floor or you burn. You are given a hoolahoop, a plate, a thin stick, and two or so chairs to get across the gym or wherever you are without dying. Whoever reaches the end first wins.
Next was “Woman, Hunter, Bear”. Also two teams. The woman chases the hunter, the hunter chases the bear, the bear chases the woman. The objective is to get all of the players on one team.
Next was “Walk & Talk”. You pair up with someone you don’t know very well, walk around, and talk to each other about each other in order to find three things that you have in common.

The last game they played was a communication and team building game “Building Towers”. They got into teams of five - three teams in all - and started building. Whoever builds the highest tower wins, basically. Some people are given stipulations (stuff they can't do) like one person wasn't able to speak and another couldn't use their dominant hand.

That is basically what they did. xD I watched. 

Kat basically said not to worry about labels and how people label you. "You can be whoever you wanna be and no one can say otherwise. We shouldn't be stuck in our own bubbles." While I was still in YW's we were talking a lot about introverts and extroverts and how they are different. Kat was I think trying to remind them that each of us is special and that no matter what labels people give us we should always remember who we are - we are Daughters of God. We are princesses in His kingdom. We can do anything we put our minds too - especially if we use Heavenly Fathers help. 

- Cali 

No comments:

Post a Comment