Sunday, February 26, 2017

Temple and Working

Well I had an amazing week! Enjoy the pictures and then I'll talk about it. . . . 

My mom and I - she surprised me with a trip to the Temple! :) 















This beautiful puppy just begged for a picture! ;)










LYDIA!!!!! :) 




Monday was spent with me looking for and applying for jobs. Such a fun thing to do . . . . ;P also pretty hard as I don't have much form of transportation so I can't work far away (far being over 5 miles lol). 

So Tuesday was when Mom surprised me with the opportunity to go to the Temple - as if I was going to pass that up!!! xD We had an amazing time and I saw a dear friend who used to be the Institute teacher, until the stake was split. 
On Wednesday I heard back from somewhere I had applied, wanting an interview. I took my siblings to Mutual. 
Thursday I went to the job interview - it went well and I will find out this next Tuesday. Institute was awesome as always. :)
Friday was getting ready for an amazing job - BOVAY!!!!! Bovay is a scout camp in Texas, and I went there for girls camp a couple times. Natalie started working there last year and I was excited to be able to work there myself. :) We didn't have as much of an adventure as we did last Saturday (when we ran out of gas lol) but we did get to help set things up and get the camp ready. Lydia and I are the only females on the staff so that is interesting. . . . Also the walls in the cabins are super thin and boy did they have the music blasting loud. 
Saturday dawned bright and clear. All of the sunset pictures (I think there is a sunrise in there somwhere) are from camp. I regretted instantly the fact that I forgot to bring my camera, but I still got some beautiful shots. During the day we follow a pack of scouts around so we could get to know the other staff members and also the programs that happen during the day. It was really fun - which is the best job description ever! And our manager insists that if we are not having fun on the job, we aren't doing it right. I completely agree. ;) I kept skipping out of the game we were playing because of the sunset. . . After the closing staff meeting, Ray was helping with the astronomy and here comes one of those fun moments - I wanted to look through a telescope and ended up smashing my glasses into my face!! LOL, the group we were with (thankfully the scouts had left already!) started rolling on the ground laughing. . . . xD Well, at least someone found it funny, right? 

Today was pretty good. I spent church helping with the eleven Sunbeams (Rachel included. . . good or bad? Great question.) who were incredibly adorable and I am very happy to say that they loved me by the end of class. ;) 

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! Hope this next one is just as good! 

Love,

Kalani 


No comments:

Post a Comment