Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Freemont 25

This past week was amazing. :) lots of fun crazy things happened. xD lol

Monday we were going to play Jurassic park but the elders were late so
we just played sports and watched one of our zone leaders try to not
fall down while rollerskating around the church gym. Traffic made us
late to dinner.

Tuesday we went to Shinn park - it had been raining so they didn't
expect us. :) we went to teach a darling little 11 year old Skylare.
Her younger sister was baptized about a year ago (mom and grandma were
less active) and she started coming to church with that sister about
six months ago. Miscommunications were made on Sunday about when she
was to be baptized but they decided. We went to the temple with the
institute group and some investigators. Natalie turned the insane age
of 18 (how dare she grow).

Wednesday we tried going to another service but it was closed. We
taught Skylare the rest of the lessons - all of them in two days wow.
And no one showed at bible study.

Thursday was awesome. Mission get together! We started with breakfast
then a devotional. Then there was the talent show! I sang a mash up of
Angels We Have Heard on High/O Come O Come Emmanuel/God Rest Ye Merry
We then had a gift exchange by zone - mine was wrapped the way my friends do it, all in different
layers of duct tape. E Brown picked it - and no cutting of the tape
allowed. xD we were then allowed by President Mella to watch a movie.
The choices were The Other Side of Heaven or The Prince of Egypt.
Those who know me well can guess that I voted for the one I could sing
to, PofE. Problem was we were divided 50/50, and with President as the
deciding vote we watched OSofH. Well, at least I hadn't seen it in a
while and understood a bit more things because I have had a Tongan
companion - who happened to sit behind us. xD We left before the movie
ended (boy is it long) and were still late to Skylares baptismal
interview. The poor darling was sooo nervous - but we told the elders
who were interviewing her that, so everything was fine. We went to
Sister Hoskins and met her daughter Heather, who is home for
Christmas. I got a box with presents from my family - with the pajamas
I had been anticipating! Owls. :) and yes that was my idea - or fault
if you ask Natalie. xD she made some for my companion as well. My
darling Abigail turned 8! Ahhh! I remember when she was born! It was
six in the morning and dad told me to babysit, and then
later I was the first kid to hold her.

Friday was CHRISTMAS! :) most important thing is that I was able to
skype my family. <3 and="" brother="" everyone="" grew="" my="" now="" p="" somehow="" what="">sings bass. Hurray! We then went to prepare something we were doing for
the zone. :) then dinner. Then the thing - which of course everyone
was late to, I've come to expect them to be late. We put on a
treasure hunt for the elders. xD they all thought it was fun, so we
did good.

Saturday was Skylares baptism! :) yay! We went to ACS service. Waited for
transfer calls - and thankfully neither of us are leaving, I get to
keep my companion until she goes home, which is at the end of this
transfer.

Sunday was church. We did singing time in the primary and nursery for
one of the wards. It was awesome - there are very few kids (maybe 5 in
Jr. and Sr together, with about 3 in nursery) so it was fun. Sis Smith
also gave a short talk in primary. And we went to the outgoing
fireside - Heather drove us in her mustang. It was awesome.

Also, we froze twice this week. And there was frost on the Windows of the car.

I almost can't believe that 2015 is just about over! But I know that
as long as we look forward we can do great things. Everyone want to go
and watch the Mormon message New Years: Look Not Behind Thee? Good. :)

Have a wonderful new year! Love you all,

Love,

Sister Kelly
Sister Smith at Shinn park

The Oakland temple!

Sister Smith and I at the temple.

Sister Smith and I right after skyping with family.

Skylare!

The Bishop baptized Skylare!


All of us at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment