Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Work/School and Weirdness.

I might have mentioned before that I work as a desk aide in the Performing Arts Center building at my campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As today is the first day of school for this semester we have gotten quite a few interesting questions. The PAC building holds the offices and some classes for the fine arts/music/audio/film departments (all of the audio/film classes are held here, and most of the music classes - and I'm just talking about the classes for this campus).

We have mostly the rooms numbered 400 something in our building (though some of the 400 somethings are in the main building) and people have asked about their science classes (we have a SCIENCE HALL) and math classes (in the PAC building? really?). Rooms numbered 600 something or 700 something have been asked about multiple times. WHY DO THEY NOT GO TO THE MAIN BUILDING FIRST?????? It has most of the rooms . . . Maybe parking is closer to this building or something?. . . 

I have also been asked where the bookstore is . . . . and it is literally right next door with a huge sign saying BOOKSTORE!!!!!

Seriously. I understand that it is a new semester and we might have really new students. But does no one come and look at a campus before school?? Or buy books before school?? Wow.

And I am probably being a little rude in this rant (I am never rude to anyone who comes up to the desk, or I try my hardest not to be - I'd get fired) . . . So sorry people of the internet! 

But everything is made better by a cute guy who works in the PAC building who asks his manager to ask my name for him. ;) 

- Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment