Sunday, August 12, 2012

In Loving Memory: Tristen Luella and Madeliene Dianna Johnson

On July 16th 2012, at about two in the afternoon, some friends of mine were travelling with their family. One brother was/is in Scottland on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Their father was on a buisnes trip in Pennsylvania. The rest of the family, their mother, Sjon, Maegen, Tristen and Madeliene,  were on their way to go and get their other sister Krystle Johnson who had been on her mission, picking her up on their way to Idaho to visit family.
They were outside of San Angelo, TX when a truck in front of them blew a tire. Their mom swerved so as not to hit the tire and their car went onto it's side. They were not going very fast, but they were on a freeway. The back of their car went into a concrete pillar.

Tristen Luella Johnson died immediately. Madeliene Dianna Johnson died at the scene from injuries. Tristen was 14 and Maddie was 12. Maegen Alexandria Johnson has for the past weeks since then, been in the ICU. She is working toward getting better. Sjon was fine and their mother had a slight head injury. Their father came as soon as he could-the next day. Krystle, the daughter they were going to get was flown down. Ian stayed on his mission, therefore missing any services for Tristen and Maddie. But, we are very proud of him for staying and doing the Lord's work-it is what they would want him to keep doing.

The services and funeral for Tristen Luella and Madeliene Dianna Johnson was on August 10th 2012. The viewing was from 12 to 1:30. We were able to see Maddie, but not Tristen. The services started at about 1:30 and ended at about 3. Sjon Johnson talked about Maddie, and Krystle talked about Tristen. The place where Tristen and Maddie now lay is a beautiful place.

Later at our ward building was a celebration of their lives. Because they would not want us to be sad, they want us to sing and dance and remember them as the happy, smiling, loving, hugging girls that they were.

This is the song that I wrote for them:

HEAVEN

"There's no forgetting what we used to do, and I won't be forgetting anything about you. Cause though we were together not for long; that doesn't mean I won't remember, doesn't mean I can't be strong. Because I know that I can see you once again . . maybe not now, but don't angels live in heaven?

When I remember what we used to have, like singing in the rain and dancing on a cloud. I don't know if you can hear this where you are . . . but right now, heaven's not so far. 'Cause I can hear you singing and I miss it so; I can see them crying and we just can't let you go. Even though we know you're in a better place, we can't help but wish . . .

Ohh, because: There's no forgetting what we used to do, and I won't be forgetting anything about you. Cause though we were together not for long; that doesn't mean I won't remember, doesn't mean I can't be strong. Because I know that I can see you once again . . maybe not now, but don't angels live in heaven?

While I remember what you used to love, like beautiful singing and stealing fedoras off our heads. Do you recall that game called Curses, we loved to play it can you think of that at all. I know you're fulfilling what you were sent here for, although we might not get to see you anymore.

There's no forgetting what we used to do, and I won't be forgetting anything about you. Cause though we were together not for long; that doesn't mean I won't remember, doesn't mean I can't be strong. Because I know that I can see you once again . . maybe not now, but don't angels live in heaven?

And I know that these two Angels live in Heaven."

I didn't know them for very long but they impacted my life and each had a wonderful and beautiful spirit that was uniquely theirs. A good thing that had happened in the past weeks in that Sjon Johnson and Hannah Smith finally became engaged. The Johnson family has a few reasons to be happy. And Maegen Johnson is working hard towards getting better.

We will always remember them.






Tristen Luella Johnson 1998-2012
Madeliene Dianna Johnson 1999-2012



- Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment