Sunday, May 6, 2018

Moving and Birthdays

Soooo it was May the Fourth and I am now 22. I feel no difference. But I did have a good day! I slept in a little, had lunch with my aunt and one of my cousins, went on a "hike" ;) and picked up one of my favorite cousins so she could have dinner with us. I also facetimed with my mom and siblings at home, then Natalie called. 

Moving was interesting. . . . I had a meeting yesterday morning for my summer job, and got back in town sometime in the later morning to pick up my new key. Made a couple trips with things back and forth while waiting to see if anyone would come help. 
And no one showed. 
It's really lonely sometimes?

Then Sari, who was my visiting teacher, texted me that she was back in town and how was moving going. Being the angel that she is she then came ASAP to come help me finish up. She also called another friend to help pick up my desk and bookshelf. :)

Seriously, lifesaver. I would've spent the rest of the day trying to get everything done. This meant I still had time to pick up food for the week, and unpack. 

Sometimes I feel like Heavenly Father knows we expect something to happen, so He plans it differently because we need to learn and grow. That definitely happened yesterday. I was expecting to be done moving by 3-3:30, instead it was more like 5:30-6.  But He helped me know I'm not alone and that I am loved. He totally planned that. ;)

I went to my new ward today, as well as the old one. I'm planning on just going to my old ward for the summer, because with my new job as Head Commissioner at Camp Bartlett I'll only be home all day on weekends so I won't be able to go to many activities (if any). It was nice, I met people. :) 

I like my new place which is good, and I'm excited to make new friends. 

Have a wonderful week! 

Love y'all,

Kalani

No comments:

Post a Comment